I just have not been in a specific music/artist mood lately. To quelch my musical needs, I’ve been turning to iPod’s shuffle feature lately. Just because I can, I thought I’d share the suffle-age.
(Beginning from #12 because that’s where I’m at right now)
- Dear Girl by The Steinways (feat. Hallie from The Unlovables) – “p.s. where the fuck’s my sweatshirt?”
- My My Metrocard by Le Tigre – I wish I liked Le Tigre half as much as I love Bikini Kill but I just don’t … “next stop: Atlantic Avenue”
- Basket Case by Green Day from Bullet In a Bible (Live Album) – I love Green Day for not editing this album (which I know because they occasionally fuck up and you can hear it)
- Even Angels Fall by Jessica Riddle from the 10 Things I Hate About You soundtrack – um … love this song … love the movie … sad but true
- Sick Boy by Social Distortion – I wish Mike Ness, in his old fat age, wouldn’t hit on girls in the audience anymore … it’s getting kinda gross. sorry but it is. in other thoughts: this song. great. classic.
- Help Save the Youth of America by Billy Bragg – I can only tolerate Billy Bragg’s brit-rockness (I know it’s wrong, I just can’t help that post-the 60s and not including The Clash, I kind of hate British rock) because he’s just so fuckin’ talented and awesome.
- Volvare – Dean Martin
- I Wanna Live – The Ramones – dude! this is the 3rd Ramones song I’ve heard! I love them but I think Apple could improve their shuffle algorithm. To be fair, they have released A LOT of albums and we have all of them.
- Anchor Grill by The Descendents – This album (Cool to be You) was such a phenomenal dissapointment. ‘Merican was an awesome teaser EP and then … the ‘Merican songs were the only good songs on the actual album.
- Educated Guess by Mxpx – awww … it’s my high school era fake-boyfriend … haven’t listened to this for years.
- Teenage Labatomy by The Ramones – See!
- Four-Eyed Girl by Rhett Miller – He’s so freakin’ cute especially when he does his butt-shake-dance on stage …
- O Holy Night by Mariah Carey – uh, skip. this is only semi-ok during Christmas.
- Breathless by Wanda Jackson – if you get a chance to see her live, do it. she’s ADORABLE!
- A Man Can Cry by Freddie Fender
- You Do It So Well by Name Taken – this is from my sister and I am reserving judgement …
- Billy Be Bad by George Jones – I don’t actually know who this or where this came from but it ain’t bad … a little Hank 2 pop-country-ish … ultimately, it’s skipper …
- No, All! by The Descendents – Does this even count? It’s 2 seconds long!
- 30 Days by Run DMC – Skip! It’s only very very very occasionally that I have any desire to listen to rap … no disrespect to Run DMC though, he’s the cream of the crop …
- Gonna be a Blackout Tonight by The Dropkick Murhpys
That’s all for tonight kids!